ITT Mission Statement
"To excel in teaching, research and development work, for the benefit of students, industry and the wider community"
"Sàrobair a dhèanamh i dteagasc, i dtaighde agus in obair fhorbartha chun leasa mac lèinn, na tionscalaìochta agus an phobàil i gcoitinne."
This statement is formulated within a vision of the Institute providing, in an efficient and effective manner, in an appropriately resourced and supportive environment, and within a framework of equality of opportunity, easily accessible, multilevel programmes of teaching, research and development work which:
- develop a deep understanding of the chosen field of study
- develop a capacity for independent critical thinking and foster academic scholarship
- provide for initial and ongoing training and development of professional, managerial, practical and technical skills
- afford students and staff of the Institute opportunities for intellectual and personal growth
- lead to awards which are recognised nationally and internationally
- contribute to the knowledge and human resource base relevant to and needed for the economic, social and cultural development of the State in general and of the region served by the Institute, in particular, and to co-operate and collaborate with other bodies with similar missions
- are of the highest quality standards and bear the hallmark of excellence